Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Turtle trading

Well I've just finished reading the turtle trading book that was written by one of the turtle, Curtis Faith, and I have to say it was excellent.

From doing a lot of reading and looking at Curtis's forum etc...it appears that the initial system they were using was a typical breakout using an ATR type system rather than a typical trend following program as such. Its clear from doing a little back testing over the past 5 years that this specific turtle system would have had a fairly tough run.

Luckily, in Curtis's book he also documents the result of some of his backtesting of over turtle minded systems and its one of these systems that I propose to test.

So i'm going to run a little experiment here and see what sort of results I get from being a purely systems trader using a Bollinger Band Based entry and exit.

At this stage,i wont give you the exact recipe (buy curtis's book) although its pretty simple and basic, But I will be posting my trades as I make them. So hopefully it will be basically live.

I'm using marketiva to trade and I will be starting with around 112usd. Not very much but enough for a test. My risk on any give trade wiill be 1% of funds with a max risk of 2N. I will also likely be trading medium term trades during New York Session.

My ultimate goal is to experience gains of around 8% per month.

So thats it...follow along with me as I either burn my tiny mini account or actually start turning a discipline into a profitable trading system.

No comments:

Post a Comment