Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trade Update- GBP/AUD

As I’m sure you know by now, GBP had a nice move overnight and is currently up vs. (USD & JPY). Earlier this morning, it was also up a lot vs. AUD (this trade) to 1.8. When I saw this this morning, I placed a protective stop at 1.795 for another piece of my position and got stopped out on that piece.

Since that time, GBP/AUD has traded down and is now at 1.782. Anytime I am in a position that has a significant move, the DAY AFTER, I enter a new or confirm an older position, I will always take some profits. 150 pips looked good to me.

The commodity currencies, particularly NZD and AUD, are having good days as Reserve Bank Governor Bollard stated that the fact that the Kiwi is already strong would not preclude them from raising interest rates. Similar thoughts were made by Australia’s Glenn Stevens as well.

So while that all but kills any further chance of this trade succeeding more than it already has, I’m still going to sit in this last piece and see what happens. So my stop is at 1.766, my entry price on the initial trade.

Let’s see what happens as the all bank-talk seems to be heating up!

No comments:

Post a Comment